Diet constipation: detox of the intestine with food rich in fiber.
The Diet for Constipation
consists on eating food containing high quantity of fibers to help to:
• Increase the volume of the fecal matter,
• Stimulate the reflex of the stomach,
• Lubricate the intestine wall.
Diet Plan for the Diet for constipation:
- Eat food rich in fiber.
- Prefer concentrate sugar like honey.
- Divide the diet and eat at least 6-7 times a day.
- Drink a lot of water, 8-ounce glasses of water per day (2 quarts, 1.8 liters).
- Drink a lot of natural juices (for example in fasting, drink an orange juice or citric or plums compote).
Food recommended in case of constipation:
- Milk: preferably whole milk. Also eat yogurts with fruits.
- Cheese: DON'T eat "strong" cheeses. YES "creamy" cheese with fat.
- Egg: all (yolk and clear).
- Meat: all.
- Vegetables: vegetables with leaves have higher content in fiber. Example: spinach, celery, fennel, watercress, carrot and beet.
- Fruits: we recommended raw fruits. The appropriate ones are: pineapple, orange, grapefruit, kiwi, mandarin, plum, grapes, strawberries and figs. To avoid: apples, bananas and quince.
- Cereals: whole-wheat bread, brown rice.
- Fat: it's not necessary to suppress all fat. You can put a little bit of butter or margarine in the whole-wheat bread (breakfast and snack) and a little bit of oil during lunch.
- Infusions: drink infusions or coffee, but NOT tea.
And remember to drink a lot of liquid and especially fruits juices
Before starting a diet, please consult your nutritionist, she help you lose weight in good health.