The Blood Type Diet
or D'Adamo Diet
, consists of a specific diet according to the blood group (O, A, B, AB) of every person. Many celebrities lose weight and improve his health with the following Blood Type Diet.
Diet duration: unlimited
Weight loss: 6 lbs per month
(after it's possible to maintain the weight lost).
Blood Type Diet Guidelines (also called D'Adamo Diet)
According to canadian researcher Peter J. D'Adamo, not all food is beneficial for all blood types. Each blood type is more predisposed to certain diseases, being able to compensate these predispositions with a good adapted nutrition and anti stress treatments.
The origin of this blood type diet
is the adjustment of the metabolism that human being have suffered through the history due to the changing nutrition. At the beginning they were hunters (so they ate only meat) and later, progressively they began to include agriculture products in their nutrition. This is the origin of the Blood Type Diet.
Blood Type Diet O - " Hunter " Group
Foods that promote weight gain in individuals with blood type 0:
Gluten of the wheat, corn, beans, lentils, cauliflower and cabbage. Foods that promote weight loss in individuals with blood type 0:
Algae from sea, salt iodized (few), fish and seafood, liver, spinach and broccoli.
Allowed food and not suitable food for individuals with blood type 0:
- Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables but reduce the consumption of cauliflower, cabbage, eggplants and potatoes.
- Eat low-fat meat balancing this contribution with vegetables. Avoid pork meat, sausages, corned meat and salting food.
- Eat fish and seafood except octopus, smoked salmon, salting herrings, caviar, catfish and also salty fish, dried fish or canned fish.
- Avoid food with wheat and reduce food with corn and cereals.
- Avoid soft drinks, Coke and coffee. Choose tea.
- Avoid milk, cheeses and eggs. They are permitted: butter, fresh cheese (low-fat) and soy cheese.
Characteristics of blood type 0 :
Human being considered "hunter" appeared 40.000 years ago. The digestive system of persons with blood type O was adapted to a rich animal and vegetable protein diet. It is inadvisable to drink milk and eat cereals, because they were not yeat a part of the diet of this group (agriculture began 30.000 years later).
Personality and metabolism of people with blood type O:
Persons with blood type O have, according to D'Adamo, an immune system very active and powerful. They have tendency to a slow thyroid activity, difficulty on adaptation to new environmental conditions, and have a very efficient digestive system able of metabolizing rich diets in proteins (low-fat meat, fish and seafood).
Exercises recommended for people with blood type O:
They obtain well-being with regular and intense physical activity. They should practice competitive sports that need intense physical effort.
Blood Type Diet A - "Farmer" GroupFoods that promote weight gain in individuals with blood type A:
Meat, milk, beans and excess of wheat.Foods that promote weight loss in individuals with blood type A:
Vegetables, oils vegetables, soy and pineapple. Allowed food and not suitable food for individuals with blood type A:
Characteristics of blood type A:
- Eat preferably a lot of fruits, cereals and vegetables.
- Eat only fish in small quantities, and exclude "flat" fish as the sole.
- Reduce or avoid meat and especially sausages and corned meat.
- Avoid milk and lacteal products. On the other hand, they are very beneficial: soy and its derivatives.
- Don't eat precooked food.
- Eat regularly oily seeds and nuts. Avoid Brazilian nuts and pistachios.
- Reduce the consumption of products with flour of wheat.
Human being considered "farmer" appeared 10.000 years ago, thanks to the introduction of the agriculture. The grade of acidity of the stomach changed, adapting itself to the consumption of cereals. Persons with blood type A have major difficulty in digesting the animal protein. In the blood type A, we find the biggest quantity of vegetarian persons.Personality and metabolism of people with blood type A:
Persons with blood group A have, according to D'Adamo, a fragile immune system, a good adaptation to stable environmental conditions, a fragile digestive system that tolerates badly the meat, flour of wheat, milk and lacteals. They should adopt a vegetarian diet rich in cereals and vegetables. Exercises recommended for people with blood type A:
They obtain well-being with a relaxing physical activity (yoga, Tai-Chi, cycling, swimming, jaunts...).
Blood Type B - "Shepherd" Group
Foods that promote weight gain in individuals with blood type B:
Corn, lentils, peanuts, seeds of sesame and wheat.
Foods that promote weight loss in individuals with blood type B:
Vegetables with green leaf, tea, eggs, lacteals and meat (especially liver).
Allowed food and not suitable food for individuals with blood type B:
Characteristics of blood type B:
- Eat preferably a varied and balanced diet.
- Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables with green leaf.
- Eat low-fat meat but avoid chicken, pork and sausages.
- Eat fish but avoid seafood. It's not recommended to eat prawns, crabs, lobster, mussels, oysters, clams, octopus, anchovies and eel.
- Eat eggs, milk and lacteal products (it's the only blood group that tolerates well the milk).
- Reduce food with wheat and corn.
- Reduce the consumption of seeds and nuts.
Human being considered "shepherd" appeared 15.000 years ago, thanks to the development of the pasture. His feeding was usually consisting in milk and lacteal products, that's why after thousands of years his metabolism is more adapted to digest this food. Personality and metabolism of people with blood type B:
Persons with blood group B have, according to D'Adamo, an active immune system, facility of environmental adaptation, an efficient digestive system that allows them to follow a varied and balanced diet with milk, but they have few tolerance to sausages, meat of pork, seafood, seeds and nuts.Exercises recommended for people with blood type B:
They obtain well-being with moderate sports activities: aerobic exercises, cycling, swimming, yoga and tennis.
Blood Type Diet AB (blood type very unusual)Foods that promote weight gain in individuals with blood type AB:
Red meats, corn, wheat, string beans, beans and seeds of sesame.Foods that promote weight loss in individuals with blood type AB:
Vegetables, sea algae, fish, lacteals, pineapple and tofu.
Allowed food and not suitable food for individuals with blood type AB:
Characteristics of blood type AB:
- Reduce the consumption of red meats and avoid corned meat or smoked meat and sausages.
- Eat fish and seafood but avoiding lobster, prawns, crabs, oysters, clams, octopus, seabass, anchovies and eel.
- Avoid the consumption of food with flour of wheat and reduce the consumption of pasta.
- Eat milk, lacteals and cheeses, except when its consumption generate mucuses in the high respiratory routes. In such a case they must be suppressed.
- Eat fruits (especially plums, grapes and pineapple), and a lot of vegetables (especially tomato).
- Choose better fat vegetables (especially olive oil) and avoid vinegar. Remove pepper.
The blood type AB is very unusual
, with a real genetic oddness: it's a Mix of the blood type A and B, which does that those who have it are persons with particular physiological characteristics.
Personality and metabolism of people with blood type AB:
Persons with blood type AB have, according D'Adamo, emotional calmness and facility to adapt theirselves to the changes of the environment. And between the unfavorable ones, they have tendency to develop low sugar problems due to an inhibited production of insulin.
Exercises recommended for people with blood type AB:
They obtain well-being with a relaxing physical activity that demands moderate efforts as yoga, thai chi, swimming, cycling, travel and meditation.
Benefits of the Blood Type Diet from D'Adamo
As in the Ayurveda medicine and the Traditional China Medicine, the Blood Type Diet
helps us to understand that food is never good or bad, it just depends on each person.Blood Type Diet
allows us to individualize the diet simply increasing and reducing groups of food.
Disadvantages of the Blood Type Diet from D'Adamo
There are persons who can get obsessed if food is present on their blood type list of food or not, an don't want to eat absolutely anything if it's not listed in his group, for fear of developing immediately the illnesses of which doctor D'Adamo warned. Vegetarian people with blood type O can feel offended and can think that with this theory they are forced to eat meat again.
Observation about the Blood Type Diet from D'Adamo
As all dietetic tendencies, this diet doesn't always work to all peopel, but it can be a very interesting diet, especially for those persons whom other diets have not worked.
Before starting a diet
, please consult your nutritionist, she help you lose weight
in good health.